What is a Cookie?
Types of Cookies Satphone Uses
Satphone uses four types of cookies: necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and marketing cookies (tracking cookies).
- Necessary cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. These temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided – for example, remembering previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
- Performance cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Site and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. These cookies do not save information that would allow the user to be identified. The collected information is aggregated and therefore made anonymous. These cookies are used exclusively to improve the performance of the website and, with it, the user experience.
- Functional cookies enable the Site to save information that has already been entered (such as usernames, languages choices, and your location) so that it can offer you improved and more personalized functions. Functional cookies are also used to enable features you request, such as playing videos. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
- Cookies for advertising purposes are used to display advertisements to users that are more targeted and adapted to their interests. They also are used to limit the frequency with which an advertisement appears and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They register whether a person has visited a website or not. This information may be shared with third-party advertisers. Cookies for improving target group appeal and advertising are often linked with page functionalities of third-party providers.
Our Site also sets third-party cookies from YouTube.com to help us manage, deliver, and improve our Site and content.
How to Control and Disable Cookies
- You can control and/or delete or disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
- Please be aware, however, that if you turn off cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of our Site.
- You also can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser.
- Satphone may use Adobe Analytics to collect and store information about your use of the Site. The deployment of Adobe involves capturing data by means of Adobe Analytics, which are then anonymized, processed, and stored in Adobe computing centers in Europe.
- If you wish to fully reject data capture by Adobe, you can do this by completing the opt-out process on the Adobe website.
- We use web beacons (also called web bugs, pixel tags, or clear GIFs) primarily to collect and maintain aggregated data (such as the number of visitors) to help us see which areas are most popular with our users and improve and update the content on our Site. Web beacons also help us measure the effectiveness of our online advertising and/or e-mail campaigns by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit our Site or the number of individuals who open or act upon an e-mail message. Some of the information we collect using web beacons may be personally identifiable. We may combine this information with other Personal Information we have collected about you to better tailor our marketing and may use this information for other purposes, such as internal research.
Other Technologies Used on the Satphone Apps
- Satphone may use Application Insights on the Satphone Apps to collect and store information about your use of the Apps. We use this data to improve the performance and usability of our Apps. The data captured by means of Applications Insights is processed and stored in the USA.
Last Updated: January 2021